Create WordPress Site Backup
Create WordPress Site Backup Have you lost your WordPress site? Or have you just lost your WordPress site? Perhaps you have fallen victim to a Or, the website broke immediately after installing the defective plugin, theme, or add-on. Perhaps your hosting failed – a bad dog ate the server. You’re scared, right? No, I’m not a dog. Lose your site. And if you don’t know what to do to bring your beloved WordPress site back to its former glory, you can get hooked. Create WordPress Site Backup
Well, what do you guess? With a reliable backup solution, you don’t have to sweat a bit. Just press the restore button and Viola! – Backing up and running. Do you know what I did there?
In this post, you will learn how easy it is to back up your WordPress site. Learn how to make a full backup of your WordPress based business. That way, you can rest assured that Plan B is ready. Take out the pen and paper and set it to own a WordPress backup like your boss. Are you ready? Alright, let’s roll the ball.
What is a WordPress Backup?
The answer is pretty simple. A backup is a copy of your site that you can reinstall (restore) in case something goes wrong. This is a fail-safe precaution and greatly reduces excessive stress. It’s like an insurance policy that protects all the effort, time and money you invest in your WordPress site.
Why I need to Backup my WordPress Site?
The vast majority of cheap web hosts talk about providing backups, but when doing backups, back up only the MySQL database. Files are not backed up. That is, you cannot recover any changes you made to the theme, such as if the theme is corrupted. It’s also very annoying to request a copy of your website from a backup, so it’s best to back up your site yourself. You know, just to ensure that everything is safe.
A full backup to help build here handles files as well as databases. This means that if you lose your site, simply reinstall your backup and you’re done. Now let’s make a full backup of your WordPress site.
1.Backup WordPress From Hosting
The first option is to choose a hosting company that completes a complete daily backup of your WordPress site. For example, WP Engine Managed WordPress Hosting provides daily automatic backups of all core WordPress files, themes and plugins, and databases (including all media). In addition, you can start your own backup at any time, such as before a major WordPress update or when changing themes.
If you want to take your hosting provider-managed backup to the next level, log in from time to time, download a copy of your own zip file and save it to your own hard drive. You can never be too safe.
2.Backup WordPress Manually
The WordPress directory contains subfolders. wp-content, wp-includes, etc. and files (eg wp-config.php, themes, plugin files, etc. needed for your WordPress site. The wp-content folder contains all themes, plugins, caches, uploads, etc. It’s included. You can’t lose this data. Since wp-admin carries all the files you need in your WordPress admin area, you can’t lose this either. The wp-includes folder contains WordPress. It contains the core files. This is the folder where all the major WordPress code resides. You definitely don’t want to lose this code.
Backup For cPanel
- Log in to your web host and go to cPanel. For most web hosts, cPanel is usually the first page you see when you sign in.
- Go to your file manager. This will take you to public_html or your home directory.
- From here, find the WordPress directory. This is way folder you want have to bee backup
- Unfortunately, you can’t download WordPress folders in your file manager without compressing them first. But do not worry. Compressing folders is not difficult.
- Click on the WP directory and select your Compress from the menu bar. Alternatively, right now click a folder and select your compress from the drop down options menu that appears.
- Select a compression type. Examples: ZIP, RAR, GZIP, etc. from the dialog box that opens. I always use the ZIP archive
- Then press the File Compress button and wait for the course to run. The server stores compressed WordPress folders
- Click the archive you created and select Download from the menu. Alternatively, right-click on the archive and select Download.
- Choose a secure location on your hard drive and save your backups
- that all!
3. Backup WordPress Automatically Plugins
If you want to back up your WordPress site for free, UpdraftPlus is a plugin. With over 14 million downloads, it is the world’s highest ranked and most trusted scheduled backup plugin. Boost WordPress Site
UpdraftPlus is very quick and easy to set up. It works by backing up your website directly to the cloud to the solution of your choice. These are …
- Google Drive
- Amazon S3 & Others Types
UpdraftPlus’ intuitive interface allows you to schedule automatic backups, backup files, databases, plugins, themes and restore backups directly from your WordPress control panel.
As mentioned earlier, upgrade to UpdraftPlus Premium to add advanced features to this backup solution. Here are some of the features included …
- Clone and Migrate – Updraft Migrator can clone your WordPress website and migrate to your new domain with minimal effort.
- Backup before update – Automatically back up your website before updating your WordPress, theme, or plugin.
- Network / Multisite – Back up your WordPress multisite network.
- Additional remote location – Select backup to Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, and more.
Timed Backup – Set the exact time to back up as well as the general schedule.
For more information on the additional premium features that UpdraftPlus Premium offers and how they overlap with other premium plugins, see the article Comparing Four Different Backup Plugins.